Friday, August 26, 2011

Of Sinks and Tile

The past week we’ve putting plodding away at the kitchen.  Andy finished building the bask cabinet for the sink…complete with the “borrowed” pillars.  What do you think?

DSCF2021 (2)

We also started putting up the tile backsplash. 

DSCF2013 (2)

We had a hard time finding a pattern we agreed one, but we are quite happy with what we picked. 

DSCF2014 (2) DSCF2019 (2)

So far we’ve finished one wall of tile.  We also caulked along the windows and crown molding, just to seal everything in.

DSCF2018 (2)

We moved the dishwasher in.

DSCF2011 (2)

And Andy finished putting in the light fixture above the sink.

DSCF2008 (2)

 

 

 

DSCF2017 (2)

We’ve also been experimenting with the concrete to do the counter tops.  That’s our big project this week.

I didn’t take a picture, but Andy also wheeled the oven in so that I could put the self-clean on.  I even baked Andy’s bday cake in it!  We also bought a new range hood and that should be in soon too.

6 comments:

  1. it's starting to look finished...i do adore that custom sink treatment...thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is so appetizing! I love the color combos and the neutral back splash. Accents make the room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a note to let you know that i featured your kitchen progress on fridays unfolded this week!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,you're kitchen is going to look amazing! I'm very inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! We had to take a break this past week, because we were really busy and then I was sick, but I hope to have more pictures up soon. We've been working on countertops this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I just noticed that your shirt in the pictures matches your cabinets! Is green a favorite color of yours?

    I love the scroll details above and below the sink. I really love the crown molding!

    ReplyDelete